Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating Cosmetic Industry Starting a cosmetic line CENTRAL FLORIDA CHEMISTS/ENTREPRENUERS

• CENTRAL FLORIDA CHEMISTS/ENTREPRENUERS

Posted by Anonymous on October 10, 2016 at 9:20 pm

I am a hairstylist located in the central Florida area looking to start a product line for children.

If you are a chemist in this area or going to be in this area soon I’d love to meet one on one as I am new to this venture and would like a little more information on exactly what is needed to start the communication process of creating kid-friendly products.

Entrepreneur/hairstylist starting a line of children’s shampoos, conditioners, beauty products, etc. who would like to talk about potential partnering then THIS POST IS FOR YOU AS WELL.

microformulation replied 7 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • bobzchemist

October 11, 2016 at 1:38 pm

In my opinion, the optimum way of starting a line like this is to begin with private label manufacturers. They have low relatively low minimums, you’re buying a tested formula, and digitally printed labels have come way down in cost.

• Anonymous

October 31, 2016 at 1:32 am

Okay. Thank you.

Will I be able to meet in person with private label manufacturers?

I have researched formulas, and due to money I haven’t been able to test them out. I also only know the basics and all of it is a little overwhelming. What are some good questions to begin with, when talking to a private label manufacturer about this?

Thank you for your time, and patience with a newby :)

-Mandy
    321-258-0330

• microformulation

October 31, 2016 at 2:21 am

@Bobzchemist Is absolutely correct. Even with a moderate budget it would be expensive to develop more than 2 or 3 Formulations at a time.