Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating Cosmetic Industry Career Pharma& Cosmetic Industry in Switzerland, Europe

• Pharma& Cosmetic Industry in Switzerland, Europe

Posted by Anonymous on September 12, 2016 at 4:46 pm

Hallo Everybody!
    My name is Alexandra, I recently relocated in Switerland,Europe. Here the Pharma and cosmetic industry are very big and it’s a good chance to learn and develop a  career on this path. My studies are in biotechnology and organic chemistry of pharmaceutical and cosmetics products. To get a job here I need to present myself perfectly.You can give me some advices of how I need to write a good cover letter for these 2 industries?

Thank you,
    I’m very greatful!

Anonymous replied 7 years, 6 months ago 2 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • bobzchemist

September 12, 2016 at 6:12 pm

I would very, very strongly suggest that you hire a professional to coach you in this, or take a class about it, or both. Learning how to write a strong cover letter is one aspect of learning professional business communication, and knowing how to communicate professionally and effectively in writing can only help you further your career.

Just having someone write a cover letter for you would be a bad idea, in my opinion.

• pharmaspain

September 13, 2016 at 10:15 am

Welcome to that beautiful country!! If you speak french (if not use goofle translater) you can use this web (they offer free advices but also paid services):
    https://www.travailler-en-suisse.ch/emploi-suisse/dossier-candidature/lettre-de-motivation-suisse
    French and German languages (in addition to English) are very important there so if you know them, make a point of that.
    Keep in mind the Swiss people are very hard working and quite “strict-serious” people during the job.

Good luck!

• Anonymous

September 13, 2016 at 11:19 am

Hello PharmSpain!

I speak English,French and Spanish. Now I’m learning German. 
    Thank you for your advice and link, it’s very helpful. 

Have a nice day!

• Anonymous

September 13, 2016 at 11:27 am

Hello Bobzchemist!

I think you are misunderstood, I just asked for some advices, I dont want a person to write me a cover letter.I have written 20-30 cover letters until now…in my whole life. I had 5 interviews in 2 months here in Switerland so I guess that I’m on a good way. Switerland it’s very professional indeed and if you get a job here you need to consider yourself lucky.

Bye-bye!

• bobzchemist

September 13, 2016 at 4:42 pm

I’m sorry that I misunderstood. What kind of advice are you looking for?

• pharmaspain

September 14, 2016 at 12:45 pm

you are welcome @lexiana .
    What part of switzerland are you living? I am very frecuently in Araau region visiting my girlfriend

• Anonymous

September 19, 2016 at 12:44 pm

I’m living in Zurich. If you come here tell me! Maybe we can go to a coffee and speak about chemistry wink  
    @PharmaSpain