Coconut Oil vs Coconut Acid

I apologize in advance for what might be a stream of small questions as I begin to research additional ingredients to the shave cream and the after shave cream I am working on.

What is the difference between Coconut Acid and Coconut Oil? I have googles this and can not find an answer to the difference.

Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• BelassiBelassi Member, PCF student
    the oil is in the form of triglycerides whereas the acid is not.
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • Ah! Thank you.  Would the difference in the oil (easily accessible) versus the Acid make a large difference in a shave cream of the kind I have been making Belassi?  For this purpose would they be interchangeable?
  • BelassiBelassi Member, PCF student
    More or less. The oil produces glycerin as part of the saponification reaction. The acid doesn't; the acid reacts a lot faster.
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • Ah! Ok... That helps.

Thanks again for your help (you in particular on this project of mine...:-)