Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating Cosmetic Industry Career help for Phd in chemistry to start as cosmetic scientist

• help for Phd in chemistry to start as cosmetic scientist

Posted by Anonymous on August 29, 2016 at 3:34 pm

Hello everyone,

this is the first time I write a post here. I am recent phd graduate in chemistry. I fell in love with cosmetic science back in undergraduate school. I have been applying for positions in cosmetic industry for a while. But I did not have much luck. Simply put I heard nothing from companies. I know I do not have much experience in industry. Could any of you provide any advice on that? I really appreciate your suggestions and help.

Anonymous replied 7 years, 7 months ago 1 Member · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • oldperry

August 29, 2016 at 4:21 pm

Have you got involved with your local Society of Cosmetic Chemists chapter?  Where are you located?

• Anonymous

August 29, 2016 at 4:46 pm

Hi Perry,
    thank you for your reply. I am currently located in CT. And I know there are various companies around this area, including New York. I was looking through the society of cosmetic chemists in CT. But I did not find any social events updated on the webpage. I want to enroll in this professional cosmetic society. Could you please provide advice? Thank you so much.

• oldperry

August 29, 2016 at 5:20 pm

Hello
    It looks like they have an event coming up on September 20 then another on October 10. http://www.ctscc.org/events/

The NYSCC is also very active. https://nyscc.org/

My suggestion would be to attend one of these events and meet some people involved. You may even consider doing some volunteer work for the chapter. You can probably join as a student member for your first year. 

• Anonymous

August 29, 2016 at 5:22 pm

Hi Perry,
    just checked on CT chapter of SCC. I saw updated events coming up.