• Anonymous

July 29, 2016 at 11:07 am

Anybody know, which course give a professional diploma of personal care formulation.? Which gives a real qualification, and not only an  online course and does not accept any company neither that paper. ( I found an online course (not SCS) . This course give a diploma of personal care formulation. These courses are recognised, 1 year long ,  but i don’t know this diploma is a really national professional training which accept any personal care company or just an online expensive course?)

• MakingSkincare

July 29, 2016 at 12:41 pm

I’m not sure where you live, but in the UK most development chemists have science degrees and then take the SCS exams.  So, the SCS Dip. is a recognised qualification by employers.  

• oldperry

July 29, 2016 at 1:40 pm

There really is no officially recognized national professional training in the cosmetic industry. Really, if you have a college degree in chemistry you can get a job in the cosmetic industry.

But here is a list of all the programs around the world that I could find. https://chemistscorner.com/cosmetic-science-programs-around-the-world/

Certainly if you get a Masters degree from a university then that will look better on a resume than any of the online courses you can take. That doesn’t mean you’ll learn more and in fact, the online courses are probably better if you are looking for practical information.

Cosmetic Science Programs Around the World

• Anonymous

July 29, 2016 at 5:57 pm

Thank you for your help!
    Maybe I can write you pm Perry and Jane?

• oldperry

July 29, 2016 at 10:02 pm

Just click on my username and send me a message.

• ashish

August 1, 2016 at 6:54 am

In India, We have degree courses like B.Tech (Cosmetics), M.Tech (Cosmetics), M.Sc (Cosmetics) and diploma in Perfumes and many more…………  

• MakingSkincare

August 1, 2016 at 11:15 am

Yes you can Esthyvelvet1

• Zolveria

August 2, 2016 at 1:02 am

Yes no degree. here in US just chemistry degree which cover most of what a chemist needs to know. then learning to formulate for the cosmetic industry through trial and error many notes.. and knowledge of each product and what they can do….DUPONT TATE AND LYLE  has nice video covering esters, wax etc  http://www.cosmeticssciencecenter.com/

• Anonymous

September 7, 2016 at 3:33 pm

Thank you so much Everyone!