Liquid Lipstick

Looking to start a line this summer, who are some good labs to contact regarding the matter? I would like to start contacting people as soon as I can. Ive contacted a few with no responses. 

Comments

• My products of choice right now are liquid to matte lipsticks and glosses, really glittery glosses. 
  • BobzchemistBobzchemist Member, PCF student
    What kind of budget do you have?
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."
  • Its open, i will be able to get as much as i need to start
  • BobzchemistBobzchemist Member, PCF student
    That really doesn't tell me anything I need to know.

Let's look at it this way.

If you had an enormous budget, really yuuge, in the 2-3 million dollar range, and you were going to start national distribution all at once, that would be one kind of project. You would need a certain kind of consultant and lab/manufacturer.

If you had a really small budget, in the $20 -$30,000 range, and you were going to start small, with a few customers, and grow from there, that would be a different kind of project. You would need an entirely different kind of consultant and lab/manufacturer.

If you were trying to start doing this on the tiniest of shoestrings, in the $5 - $10,000 range, well, you'd really need a different approach altogether.

Starting a business selling cosmetics is not any different than starting a business selling shoe polish, for example. What have you got in place in terms of a business plan, etc.?
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."