Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating Cosmetic Industry Starting a cosmetic line Hair, Porosity, Conditioners

• Hair, Porosity, Conditioners

Posted by swabu on March 8, 2016 at 12:31 pm

Hello everyone,

1st, I’d like to say that I’m am so honored to be able to ask you all questions. I spent 2 days reading every single question in the forums(that was 63 pages) and it was worth every moment, because you all are friggin geniuses! 
    Now onto my questions(there are 2.)
    #1. is there any chemical/product that could be added to a hair conditioner that could lift the cuticle of women with low porosity  hair? I know there are women who make a baking soda concoction that apparently works very well, but can dry the hair out over time.
    #2. The only conditioner that I’ve researched and found to have been extremely effective for women with low porosity hair is a company named (Aubrey Organics) who made 1 of the top selling “natural” conditioners- Honeysuckle Rose, however over the years they have changed their formulation at least 2 times. Now the conditioner is proving to be very ineffective and recieving horrible reviews. I’d like to create a conditioner that rivals that old formula which I have provided below. My question is; can anyone tell me what ingredient in the old formula was providing the amazing conditioning results and slip? 
     ***the new horribly reviewed formula***
     Aloe barbadensis leaf juice*, aqua, cetyl alcohol (from coconut), brassicyl isoleucinate esylate, alcohol denat. (38b, lavender), brassica alcohol, glyceryl caprylate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, glycerin*, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter*, rosa rubiginosa (Rosa Mosqueta®) seed oil*, citrus grandis (grapefruit) extract, argania spinosa (argan) nut oil*, macadamia ternifolia seed oil*, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil*, glycerin, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), tocopherol (vitamin E), alcohol, calendula officinalis extract*, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract* (chamomile.

***the old formula***
    Aqua, cetyl alcohol (from coconut), alcohol denat. (38b, lavender*), butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter*, fragrance‡‡, aloe barbadensis leaf juice*, glycerin, rosa rubiginosa (rosa mosqueta) seed oil*, macadamia ternifolia seed oil*, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil*, argania spinosa (argan) nut oil*, citrus grandis (grapefruit) extract, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), tocopherol (vitamin E), calendula officinalis extract*, chamomilla recutita (chamomile) flower extract*, Melissa officinalis (balm mint) flower/leaf/stem extract, chrysanthemum sinense flower extract, humulus lupulus (hops) flower extract, magnolia biondii bud/flower extract, lonicera japonica (honeysuckle) flower extract, angelica archangelica root extract, foeniculum vulgare (fennel) seed extract.

Thank you all in advance! xoxo
    swabu replied 8 years ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.