Preservatives for Natural Pressed Mineral Makeup

To my knowledge, if a formula is completely bone dry - such as a loose mineral foundation made of only inert powder ingredients - it doesn't need a preservative, correct? But if I were to press that powder using some type of liquid/oil component yet-to-be-determined, I would need a one. 

So my question is: which natural preservatives would work best in pressed mineral makeup? (If you have any other advice/recommendations regarding natural preservative systems, please do share!) 

Comments

• BobzchemistBobzchemist Member, PCF student
    EVERY formula sold to the public needs to be preserved, even "bone-dry" ones.

I don't know of any natural preservatives that have been tested with pressed powders, though.
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."
  • Leucidal Liquid PT  (INCI Lactobacillus Ferment) seems like an acceptable natural preservative for a pressed powder. 

• BobzchemistBobzchemist Member, PCF student
    Generally speaking, adding any ingredient with even a little amount of water in it to a pressed or loose powder is a Very Bad Idea (tm).

Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."