• heraklit

September 30, 2015 at 11:02 pm
  • ozgirl

September 30, 2015 at 11:26 pm

Thanks for sharing!

• belassi

September 30, 2015 at 11:38 pm

From the book: 

“It is interesting to note that where surfactant theory is really important (billions of
    dollars at stake) the world-wide community uses HLD theory. Where the theory
    is not so important (e.g. in the cosmetics industry where many formulations are
    copies of other formulations) the world-wide community uses ideas long-since
    shown to be erroneous.”
  • belassi

October 1, 2015 at 4:16 am

“As we saw in the phase diagram chapter, it is
    possible for a modestly viscous surfactant solution to be diluted with water to a
    hoped-for low viscosity solution but then get trapped in some hexagonal or cubic
    phase where it sits around in big globules that annoy either the production line
    or, even worse, the customer.”

- This is EXACTLY what happened to one of my designs. I ended up with a bowling ball made of surfactant and water!
  • belassi

October 4, 2015 at 10:34 pm

I was playing around with one of our simpler products, a hand soap based on ammonium rather than sodium, and tried substituting Dehyton AB30 for the usual CAPB. The thickening is a lot more but on trying to add water I realised it was about to go into the hex phase and set solid. So if you want to try exploring that oddity, it appears AB30 is a good one to use.

• david

October 17, 2015 at 4:14 pm

Interesting! Belassi and thanks

• Gustavo

December 1, 2015 at 7:51 pm

Thank you all for sharing.