Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating Cosmetic Industry Fish Protein Powder in Cosmetics

• Fish Protein Powder in Cosmetics

Posted by ajo9 on July 13, 2015 at 5:07 pm

Hello, 

I’m researching to see if there is a market for fish protein powder and Omega 3 oils to be used in various cosmetics like skin care and hair care. Fish protein powder has many vitamins, minerals, and is loaded with protein. Do you think there is a market for fish protein powder and Omega 3 oils in the cosmetics industry? Also, can you point me in the right direction to do further research on this topic? I would like to know which branch of the cosmetics industry would be most lucrative for the fish protein powder and which branch of the industry would have the most demand for protein in their products.

Thank you, 
    Alex O.
    belassi replied 8 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • microformulation

July 13, 2015 at 6:47 pm

Actually I use many products with plant based Omegas. Firstly there is an overwhelming demand for vegan products in the market I work in (smaller start-ups). A fish product would get washed out for this reason.

AAK makes a plant based Omega 3/6 product that is quite affordable and I currently have a product in production. If you are looking for just Omega 3’s predominantly many will use Chia Seed Oil to provide this benefit.

• belassi

July 14, 2015 at 2:16 am

I’ve used chia oils for this purpose and saw a real improvement in skin tone lasting up to a week, but unfortunately, on me at any rate, it was very comodegenic. I’m looking to run a test panel  to sort this out.