Minimum Warehouse Size for Cosm. Man. Permit ?

Hi! Everyone,
I was wondering if anyone can answer this question. Is there a minimum facility space to get a cosmetics manufacturing permit in Florida? Can a 1,000 SF enough? It will have a small lab and small operations area. Volume will be very small first year. My concern is that they requiere "adecuate areas"? Any advice will be appreciated. Regards, Javier

Comments

• MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist
    @DavidW is probably your best resource for this question. He is out of Florida and well versed in the Regs.
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.
  • DavidWDavidW Member, PCF student
    @Landmark As long as you can be in compliance (more or less) with the regs you are ok with any size.  The stat nor FDA has limits on size. 
  • Thank you! David. I appreciated.

regards, Javier

• Thank you!! Mark.
  • MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist
    Not a problem. Over time on this discussion board you will get to know who is where and does what. David is out of Florida and does great work. I have sent several clients his way with universally positive results.
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.