R&D Chemist needed in Newbury Park California

"A contract manufacturer located in Newbury Park,
CA, is seeking an R&D Chemist with 3+ years experience in personal care who
can take on multiple duties within the organization. We are looking for a
self-motivated person with strong communication skills and a great attitude.
The candidate will work on creative and innovative formulations, validating
formulas, scale up, optimizing cost, IL’s, stability and compatibility studies.
Candidate must have a BS in Chemistry or related science field. Work schedule
is 10 hours/day, 4 days/week from Monday to Thursday. If interested email your
resume to jfernanconsulting@gmail.com"

Comments

• BobzchemistBobzchemist Member, PCF student
    This is one of the things that somewhat depresses me about being a cosmetic chemist. 

A job with this level of experience and responsibility usually pays about $60,000/yr. - $80,000/yr., pretty much regardless of whether you work in the New York metro area, the Chicago metro area, or the Los Angeles metro area. You might even make a little less if you are away from these centers of cosmetic R&D. And yet, the cost of living in these places is very different.

I could never afford to live in the LA area, as much as I'd like to.
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."
  • 10 hour days! :(
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • MarkBroussardMarkBroussard Member, Professional Chemist
    $1.25 million for a 1,500 sq ft house!
    Chemist/Microbiologist formulating in the Organic & Naturals arena under ECOCert/Natural Products Assn/Whole Foods/National Organic Program guidelines focused skincare & haircare products. 

See website for details www.desertinbloomcosmeticslab.com
  • cosdevcosdev Member
    Thats not a realistic price. I have a friend that just bought a 1800sf on the beach for under 500k. Theres affordable living in this area. 
  • BobzchemistBobzchemist Member, PCF student
    Yeah, but...an average 1,800 square foot house goes for $180-$200,000 in Kennesaw, GA. Total cost would be (slightly) under $1,000/month. A $500,000 house would cost at least twice that monthly. And then there's taxes...

But, location counts. It's just that my salary goes so much further down here. And I could expect a reasonable cost of living increase if I wound up moving back to the NY metro area. But the folks in CA seem to think that I should be just fine working in California for about what I'm making here in Georgia - mostly because there are plenty of chemists already working for about that salary there.
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."