Lipstick Help

Hello!
I recently started trying to make my own lipstick at home.  My goal was to make a liquid-matte lipstick, so it applies liquid and then dries matte.  After doing some research and lots of trial and error, I finally came up with a glossy liquid lipstick formula, listed below.  The color coverage is fine, but I'm wondering if there is any way to tweak this to make it more like a liquid-matte lipstick or if I should scrap this recipe and start over.
Shea butter 22g
Coconut oil 11g
Grapeseed oil 8g
Kaolin 3g
Vitamin E 1 drop
Titanium Dioxide   5g
Pigments (micas)  15g
Micronized titanium 5g
dioxide  
Cornstarch      3g
Beeswax     3.5g

Thanks in advance for any input!!

Comments

• BelassiBelassi Member
    Grapeseed oil has a very short shelf life, I would use an alternative to that.
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • Would olive oil be a better alternative?  I've also seen sweet almond oil in ingredients lists a lot.  Thank you!!
  • BelassiBelassi Member
    If this has to be "natural" I'd use almond oil instead. If not, I'd be looking to use an ester due to the excellent sensorials esters can give.
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • Yes I'd prefer this be as natural as possible, just for the availability of the ingredients at local stores rather than online.  I'm reading that jojoba oil also has a pretty long shelf life.  Thanks again for the input I really appreciate it!
  • Chemist77Chemist77 Member, PCF student
    Yeah since Jojoba oil is actually a wax and surely very natural and appealing. Only addition from me would be the usage of pigment muds rather than using dry pigments, dispersion defines the appearance.