carbomer based gel type cleanser

Hope everyone is enjoying the spring weather.
Quick question- I would like to create a carbomer based gel type cleanser. Is there any restriction using anionic/nonionic/amphoteric surfactant? I see the viscosity dropped right after the neutralization step and cannot get the desired viscosity. How do I increase my viscosity? Can anyone please help?

Carbomer Ultrez
AMP
Sodium laureth sulfoccinate
Sodium cocoglutamate
Cocamidopropyl betaine
Decyl glucoside

Thanks in advance

Comments

• BelassiBelassi Member
    It doesn't like surfactants, the recommended one is Aqua SF-1. Good luck.
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • Chemist77Chemist77 Member, PCF student
    Be careful, aeration is a big problem with Aqua SF1.
  • BelassiBelassi Member
    Exactly ... I didn't want to be negative, but I rejected carbomers in shampoos after about 6 months of unsatisfactory tests. I'd only use carbomer if I wanted to suspend something, such as Primasponges. 
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • ozgirlozgirl Member, PCF student
    Have you looked at all of the different formulations and information on the Lubrizol website? There are a number of cleansing formulations with Ultrez polymers available on the website that would give you an idea of what might work.

• BelassiBelassi Member
    You're welcome. And one more thing: carbomer as a thickener tends to 'short-flow' sensorials. Gives a sort of 'cushion breaking' sensation on spreading. Bite the bullet and go for a thickener or combo of thickeners. Give out lots of samples using different thickeners and ask for feedback. In my case it comes down to a cost/sensorials balance.