Emulsion or binder for soap shavings to liquid soap?

Lloyd2015Lloyd2015 Member, PCF student
Hi Everyone,

I am into homemade solid bar soap formulation and have accumulated soap shavings which I would like to convert into liquid soap.
What emulsifying agent or binder can I use to prevent the formulation from separating?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Many thanks!

Comments

• BobzchemistBobzchemist Member, PCF student
    I don't think anyone here can recommend doing this. If you need liquid soap, why not make it from scratch?
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."
  • Lloyd2015Lloyd2015 Member, PCF student
    Bobzchemist, It's just that I have a lot of soap shavings as mentioned prior from my accumulated soap orders. 
  • BobzchemistBobzchemist Member, PCF student
    OK then my first question is - How much scrap material are we talking about? Secondly - what is the formulation for the soap that you  have shavings from? Thirdly - what are you planning to do with the liquid soap, i.e. is it for personal use or do you want to sell it? And lastly - what sort of processing equipment do you have available to you?
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."