Carbomer Surfactant Compatability

Yesterday I was playing around with Carbomer, trying to reprosuce a "buff and wash" (essentially a surfactant free cleansing, exfoliating gel made by Sisley paris) formulation which had a texture I really liked.

I wanted a bit more of a cleaning effect, while maintaining the gel consistency, and was curious about what surfactants Carbomer (mine is 940) can handle. I know electrolytes are no gos, and so slats and things are out. I tried betaine, and if failed. does anyone know if polyglucose/lactate will hold up? What about a powdered surfactant like SLSs. I tried searching some literature online, but never found exact direction as to what is acceptable such as: SLS yes, Betaine No, etc.

If anyone can share such, I would appreciate it. Thanks :)

(I was neutralizing my Carbomer with TEA, if that matters.)

Comments

• 940 isn't any good for that. Try Aqua SF 1.
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • Bill_TogeBill_Toge Member, Professional Chemist
    Ultrez 20 is a good one as well
    UK based formulation chemist. Strongest subjects: hair styling, hair bleaches, hair dyes (oxidative and non-oxidative) I know some stuff about: EU regulations, emulsions (O/W and W/O), toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoos, other toiletries