can emulsifier wax or pvp make your hair fall ?

I am making a pomade, but after added the pvp and emulsifier wax, my hair started to fall out and thinning

Comments

• maybe waxes cause by making them heavy...

• BobzchemistBobzchemist Member, PCF student
    I can't think of a mechanism whereby pvp and/or emulsifying wax would cause hair to fall out, unless there was considerable mechanical stress. Did you try to comb/brush your hair while you were using the pomade?
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."
  • Pomades aren't something I've noticed, since "antimacassar" and then the dreaded Brylcreem went out of use. Seems like an unpleasant idea to me, all that grease, surely isn't good for scalp health?
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • PerryPerry Administrator, Professional Chemist
    There is nothing about either of those ingredients that would cause hair to fall out or thin.