Emulsifiers for electrolytes/actives rich lotion

Hey! 

Can anyone suggest a good and strong emulsifier with good electrolyte and active ingredients tolerance? 

I'm thinking of using zinc pca, maltonionic acid, gluconolactone, a blend of botanical extracts, camphor and silicon... it's a product for acne-prone skin. 

Comments

• FekherFekher Member, Professional Chemist
    @marimaster_3991 I guess no ionic emulsifier can do the job. 
  • chemicalmattchemicalmatt Member, Professional Chemist
    @marimaster_3991, good old Promulgen D (cetearyl alcohol & ceteareth-20) has always been electrolyte tolerant. Add a small bit of Steareth-2 for good measure and you should be fine at nearly any pH too. The polyglyceryl esters (i.e. polyglcyeryl-6 laurate) are electrolyte tolerant also but need co-emulsifiers to succeed.
  • PharmaPharma Member, Pharmacist
    ...The polyglyceryl esters (i.e. polyglcyeryl-6 laurate) ... need co-emulsifiers to succeed.
    Any you can recommend due to own experience or which you just prefer over others?
  • @chemicalmatt thank you! I actually thought of using ceteareth-20, but since it comes with cetearyl alcohol I got insecure about the viscosity it would get. I'm looking for a fluid lotion physical aspect. 
  • @chemicalmatt thank you! I actually thought of using ceteareth-20, but since it comes with cetearyl alcohol I got insecure about the viscosity it would get. I'm looking for a fluid lotion physical aspect. 
    Then you can use Glyceryl stearate & PEG 100 stearate. It doesn't give any viscosity, so you can play with the other consistency modificators.
  • Hmm, interesting, @ggpetrov. That may work, thank you :) 
  • Hi,
           You Can Use Cetearyl Glucoside & Cetearyl Alcohol Or Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate  With a Combination of Hydrogenated Vegetable Glycerides or Sodium Poly Acrylate, Which will give you excellent Electrolyte tolerance as well as Sensory. Thank You.