Cetyl Alcohol and Stearyl Alcohol Ratio in conditioner!!! HELP!!!

Hi,
 I am new here and hope everyone can help me with this conditioner formula I currently formulating! 
My target is 5 percent of total cetyl and stearyl alcohol in my rinse off conditioner. 
I am looking for cetyl and stearyl alcohol ratio 4:1 
Is this too much cetyl alcohol for women conditioner? 
thank you and I am open to hear any feedback from anyone :smile: 

Comments

• PerryPerry Administrator, Professional Chemist
    That sounds like a reasonable amount.
  • Perry said:
    That sounds like a reasonable amount.
    Thank you so much! 
    Can you advise? When should i use more stearyl alcohol? 

Ratio 4: 1 stearyl alcohol to cetyl alcohol

And when should I use more Cetyl Alcohol?

thank you for your time and answer! 
  • PerryPerry Administrator, Professional Chemist
    There is no definitive rule. Usually, people use more stearyl alcohol than cetyl because it has a higher melting point so will be more stable under warm storage conditions. But every system is different. You just have to experiment & see what works for you
  • Perry said:
    There is no definitive rule. Usually, people use more stearyl alcohol than cetyl because it has a higher melting point so will be more stable under warm storage conditions. But every system is different. You just have to experiment & see what works for you
    Thank you for your answer!!!
  • are you being able to have a good texture with these quantities without adding any cellulose or gums? @nhatnguyen10
  • are you being able to have a good texture with these quantities without adding any cellulose or gums? @nhatnguyen10
    I didnt make it yet, i need to hear some expert opinions or experience or mistake before start working on it. 

Do you have any recommendations Or experience with it?

Thank you!
    I didnt make it yet, i need to hear some expert opinions or experience or mistake before start working on it. 

Do you have any recommendations Or experience with it?

Thank you!
    I couldn't reach a good texture with only cetyl and stearyl total 5% i had to add tylose to have a good texture