Hey guys! How are you today?
I'm trying to make some conditioners (lab scale, 50-100g) but some questions came up in the process. I'm glad if someone can help me with this (:
(I'm not the one formulating in this case, I'm just making the products following the formulas that came to me and the doubts are about the processes involved)
1. Cetrimonium Chloride / Behentrimonium Chloride
- Question A: Can I heat these ingredients?
- Question B: If yes, it's a need/must? (the point here is to understand if heating affects the appearance/function of the final product and how)
2. Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride / Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine
- Question A: How are you used to handle with it?
- I - Make a paste in some humectant (glycerin/propylene glycol...) [this one only for GHC]
- II - Just heat and homogenize (in the aqueous phase)
- III - Add to aqueous phase and acidify the system (before or after adding other components/phases?)
- IV - Other (can you explain, please?)
- Question B: The ideal pH (final product) when formulating with these ingredients must be around 5,0 - 5,5 or lower?
Thanks in advance and have a nice day/night!