Does glyceryl oleate do any benefit or deposit on skin without cationic polymer from cleanser?

AbdullahAbdullah Member
edited April 22 in Advanced Questions
I made this facewash formula

Percentage in active
SLES 6%
CAPB 1%
Coco glucoside 1%
3% NACL
Water 
pH 5 with citric acid

I made one sample like this and one sample with 1% glyceryl oleate. 

There wasn't any skin feel difference after the product was rinsed and dried. Only some difference in foam and feel during application.

My question is
does glyceryl oleate do any benefit or deposit on skin without cationic polymer from a face or body wash?

Comments

• @Abdullah Usually oils from cleansers deposit through a mechanism called "assisted deposition", but that can only happen in the presence of cationic polymers (except silicones, in which there are other factors that make them deposit, like a change in entrophy, or charge in the case of amodimethicones...although, cationic polymers still can aid in their deposition). 
  • ketchito said:
    @Abdullah Usually oils from cleansers deposit through a mechanism called "assisted deposition", but that can only happen in the presence of cationic polymers (except silicones, in which there are other factors that make them deposit, like a change in entrophy, or charge in the case of amodimethicones...although, cationic polymers still can aid in their deposition). 
    Thanks 
    Is there any ratio that for example for 1% GMO in a formula, what percentage of cationic polymer like pq10 is required?
  • @Abdullah I believe you need to test it. I remember some papers of deposition of silicones and polar oils, using PQ-10, PQ-7 and Guar HTC, I don't remember having seen one with glyceryl oleate.