Help with Solubiliser

CococCococ Member
Hey, hope everyone is well! I am a beginner formulator and am starting out with a simple hand wash. I would like to add lemon essential oil as a frangrance. I am using Decyl Glucoside as a surfactant, would I need an additional solubiliser or is the Decyl Glucoside sufficient?

I am not sure of the total qty of essential oil yet, however it will likely be close to 0.1% -0.2%

Comments

• MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist
    People can give recommendations, but these questions are usually answered experimentally on the lab bench.
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.
  • Are you using decyl glucoside as the only surfactant? You need a combination of several surfactants and decyl glucoside isn’t used as a primary surfactant. Also, fragrance can mess up your formula significantly