Covalo vs. Knowde

chemicalmattchemicalmatt Member, Professional Chemist
I've been gravitating towards Covalo these days for source intel, even though it is Eurocentric. I'm registered with Knowde too, as well as UL Prospector & SpecialChem of course, but am finding Knowde to be less useful even though I've used it successfully for two years. Any opinions on the subject?

Comments

• MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist
    I like the Knowde interface and it does bring up other sources of materials/documents not available on UL Prospector.

However, and maybe it is me, I can almost never get a sample via Knowde easily. Samples that would be routinely sent via UL Prospector have to be followed up by several emails and then you "might" get a sample.
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.
  • PerryPerry Administrator, Professional Chemist
    I use all three for mostly research. UL Prospector has been most useful to me. They're great for getting starting formulas. Knowde search is better but also it feels like a bit of a mess to me. I haven't really explored Covalo much since they changed over from being Chemberry
  • I prefer Prospector when doing raw material research, Knowde seems to be helpful when I've already decided what material I want to use and I am now in the tracking down samples/documentation phase of my research

Agree with @Perry on the starter formulations. A lot of good bases to start with and I feel they really give you a good idea of what each ingredient is doing as they are usually so minimalist

Have also noticed that more and more suppliers seems to be on neither website and instead I must create a login for their specific website (which of course I can never remember what email/password I used so I end up just finding another ingredient to work with)