cream changes color

Hi. I’ve been having some challenges with color stability on this cream. It’s bright blue for a few days and starts to get lighter and eventually turns light gray after a few weeks at room temp. 
Any ideas?
Phase A
avocado oil
squalane
cacay oil 
olive m/Cetyl alcohol
Diplamitoyl hydroxyprolibe

Phase B
neroli hydrosol
colloidal silver hydrosol
Propanediol
meadowsweet in glycerin 
hyaluronic acid small molecule 
sclerotium gum
xanthum gum
Sodium phytate
Phase c
SF Complete 
Bakuchiol-.
Ethyl hexylglycerin / phenethyl alcohol 
Pea Peptides 
Tri Peptide 
Bacilus Ferment 
Vitamin C (tetrahexyl Ascorbate) - •
Vitamin E 
Blue Tansy.
Mryhh
l-ascorbic acid
ferulic acid 

Comments

• GraillotionGraillotion Member
    edited March 28
    Have you tried a knockout experiment?

I'd probably start with the Silver.

OMG...you have the whole wish list in there!

...and lots of bug food...and no mention of pH.

I'd lose anything with the word Leucidal, and work with preservatives known to work.  Not sure if just phenethyl and EHG is enough for that formula.

It does take the percentages...for the group to really help.

• Guessing that 'soaps' pretty bad....might try a version with the Olive M in the water phase...and if you are not opposed to dimethicone...add a little of that.

• Please also list your packaging...as that comes into play with your ingredient choices.

• What is the pH and preservative amount?

It may not be enough for fungi
  • With that variety of food for microbes, it might not be enough for some bacteria either. 

@MarisaLR It'd be better to add an antioxidant for your antioxidants (especially for ascorbic acid) like a phenolic-based to quenche free radicals. Also, it might be worthy to add a UV filter. 
  • packaging is miron. 4% sf complete. .8% ethylhexyl : phenethyl alcohol. No soaping. 
    Ph 5.3
  • MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist
    edited March 28
    Your colloidal silver is being converted somehow to AgCl which is poorly soluble and has a black/grey appearance depending upon the concentration. It isn't bringing any real benefit.

Ditch the SF Complete and use a better preservation system.

That long list of ingredients may seem "innovative" but knowing raw material costs/MOQ's, it will be pricy to manufacture.
    markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.
  • Wow thank you everyone!!! I’ll circle back with outcomes.