Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating General Moisturing cream in Dove beauty bar?

• Moisturing cream in Dove beauty bar?

Posted by Margaret on February 23, 2022 at 11:01 pm

The ingredients down below in this Dove beauty bar look to ME to be a combination of a soap and a syndet bar. 

What are the ingredients that are supposed to be the moisturizing cream?  

OR is the company being generous with the definition of what a moisturizing cream is?

I’VE COPIED & PASTED THE DOVE BEAUTY BAR INFO. DOWN BELOW FROM THEIR WEBSITE:

White Beauty Bar

This gentle cleansing formula contains ¼ moisturizing cream to give you soft, smooth, and healthy-looking skin.

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Lauric Acid, Sodium Tallowate or/ou Sodium Palmitate, Aqua, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate or/ou Sodium Palm Kernelate, Parfum, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)..

ngarayeva001 replied 2 years ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Syl

February 23, 2022 at 11:15 pm

@Margaret, Dove is a syndet, you are correct it does contain soap. I read somewhere that it was to prevent the bar from becoming mushy.  The stearic acid is the moisturizing ( cream ) ingredient. 

• ProfessorHerb

March 10, 2022 at 5:39 am

Yes this is a syndet bar, steric is a hardener it also softens and moisturizes a little. The tallow is a lipid derived from dead animals. Also SCI is very gentle so the “quarter moisturizer” is a bit of a marketing gimmick rather than real science.

• HeleonDomnus

March 25, 2022 at 1:40 pm

I’m sure there’s nothing wrong with that. After all, any consumer goods undergo strict checks before they get on store shelves. Our state would not allow us to harm ourselves. After all, there are certain norms and standards for the company’s products to be sold. If Dove is sold in stores, then everything is fine with their products. A friend of mine works for https://hoopladoopla.com/category/beauty-personal-care and often gives me cosmetics and self-care products. I have been using soap, shampoos and cosmetics of different brands for a long time. Including Dove. I have not noticed any negative effects, so even if something in the composition of some product confuses you, you should not worry. If the product is sold, it is fine

• ngarayeva001

March 26, 2022 at 11:35 pm

I assume that the term moisturizing cream isn’t ready defined, so they can say it.