Replacement for polyglyceryl-4 caprate (available in EU?)

I am formulating a curly hair product and I need to find a replacement for polyglyceryl-4 caprate. Any suggestions - even better if the manufacturer is in the EU? On UL Prospector I can only find it in the US (Evonik).

Thanks in advance! 

Comments

• BobzchemistBobzchemist Member, PCF student
    I thought Evonik (formerly Degussa) was a German company?
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."
  • Well, my access to request a sample from Evonik was I existent so I think I only assumed they were from the US ;!

I found however one other supplier and I just contacted them. But just in case this does not work, what coul I use as a substitute in hair care formulation?
  • DavidDavid Member
    edited March 2015
    UL Prospector also restricts my access sometimes - however I just call or Email the supplier directly and they usually are very helpful.
  • Bill_TogeBill_Toge Member, Professional Chemist
    as @Bobzchemist said, Evonik are a German company, and they don't like dealing with small quantities directly; to get their products you'll need to contact their distributor in your area
    UK based formulation chemist. Strongest subjects: hair styling, hair bleaches, hair dyes (oxidative and non-oxidative) I know some stuff about: EU regulations, emulsions (O/W and W/O), toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoos, other toiletries
  • Yes, I already realized that I am one of the small fish and I still need to rely on other suppliers for a bunch of ingredients! 

I already found an italian web site which sells it, so need to check my budget as shipping is not cheap and I feel like a kid in the candy store! 
  • The company Hydrior in Switzerland offers also Polyglyceryl-4 Caprate. They offer two qualities with slightly different HLB values: HYDRIOL PGCH.4 and HYDRIOL PGCL.4. The minimum order quantity is 25 kg. Hydrior produces also other polyglycerol esters (see www.hydrior.com).