Hello All! I've been testing liquid hand soap/body wash formulations and have nailed down a formulation that performs to my liking (with various fragrance oils - it's thick, clear, foamy, soft).
Here is an overview of the formulation:
-Coco Betaine (5%)
-Decyl Glucoside (2%)
-Sodium Chloride (1.5-2%)
-Chamomile Extract (0.5%)
-Aloe Vera Extract (0.5%)
-Optiphen Plus Preservative (0.5%)
Here are my questions
1) Water: Do I need to use "deionized" water? I'm currently using distilled. Is this okay?
2) Chelator: I don't have a chelator in the formula. Will this cause an issue? I'm debating adding Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate .
3) Fragrance: Is there a trick for knowing what types of fragrance oils perform well in surfactant systems? I find that some oils impact thickness & haziness. The biggest issue I experience is FOs thinning out a formulation.
4) Solubility: What can I do to improve solubility of the fragrance/surfactants? Does heat help to dissolve surfactants?
5) Are there any other obvious ingredients I should be adding to help improve the stability/performance?