Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating Dermofeel PA-3: Do any US-based “repackers” carry this ingredient?

• Dermofeel PA-3: Do any US-based “repackers” carry this ingredient?

Posted by suswang8 on December 27, 2021 at 8:14 pm

No luck searching Making Cosmetics, Lotioncrafter, FSS, or Ingredients to Die For.  (Lotioncrafter has the powdered form of sodium phytate, but I was trying to find this particular liquid.)

Thank you.

suswang8 replied 5 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • graillotion

December 27, 2021 at 8:23 pm

Do you not have the water (and alcohol) to add?

Cheaper to buy the ingredient…and add your own water. :) 

• abdullah

December 28, 2021 at 5:26 am

It has only 1% alcohol so you can not use it at all if you make your own version

• suswang8

December 28, 2021 at 6:18 pm

Well, now that you mention it, I did have one fundamental question:  how is it that the recommended dosing (roughly, 0.1%-0.5%) appears to be the same for both sodium phytate (in powder form) as it is for Dermofeel PA-3, which is 50% sodium phytate by weight?

@Graillotion:  Good point.  I actually could make by own, but I think I would do 25% water/25% ethanol to hopefully kill some of the bugs Lotioncrafter might be sending my way.  As @Abdullah references, I am not really sure why they are bothering to incorporate 1% ethanol.  

• abdullah

December 29, 2021 at 1:43 am

Supplier recommendation doesn’t mean you should do only that range.

• graillotion

December 29, 2021 at 2:46 am

suswang8 said:

Well, now that you mention it, I did have one fundamental question:  how is it that the recommended dosing (roughly, 0.1%-0.5%) appears to be the same 

I think the reason for the range….is SP is used as more than just a chelate.  At the higher rates…they are touting a skin benefit. :) 

Aloha.

• meika.laszlo

October 29, 2023 at 7:56 am

Has anyone had any luck finding the name brand?

• suswang8

October 29, 2023 at 10:16 pm

Nope. I order mine, like 90% of my stuff, from Europe.