Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating ANTIL® HS 60 MB by Evonik

• ANTIL® HS 60 MB by Evonik

Posted by DreaNkenna on December 8, 2021 at 8:38 pm

Hi all,

ANTIL® HS 60 MB by Evonik 

Cocamidopropyl Betaine (and) Glyceryl Laurate

I have been using this material in the lab as my thickener for a sulfate-free shampoo. I’ve batched it several times with no issues and a beautiful viscosity build. For some reason the past 3 times I have used it, it has not provided as much thickness. I’m wondering if it is because I’m at the bottom of my sample jar. If there is some settling out then I would need to understand this to make production aware. Has anyone seen inconsistencies with this product?

abdullah replied 2 years, 3 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • oldperry

December 8, 2021 at 10:44 pm

Strange. I wouldn’t think this ingredient would stratify. Perhaps it’s the result of one of the other ingredients you’re using.

• DreaNkenna

December 9, 2021 at 4:06 am

You may be right. I connected with evonik today and a sales rep said it could be because I’m at the end of the sample, but im not sure if she was just guessing lol. I’m going to pull COAs for my surfactants and check salt content and pH. I changed lots this week so I’m leaning towards that being the variable.

• chemicalmatt

December 10, 2021 at 2:13 pm

…or you may just disconnect from Evonik and use Monolaurin from Colonial Chemical (glyceryl laurate), which is doing all the heavy lifting there.

• abdullah

December 10, 2021 at 4:04 pm

Or you may use glyceryl Caprylate if it is available cheaper. It also increases the viscosity of shampoo. Although Laurate may be better.