Possible side effects of 1.5% CMIT:MIT in shampoo

I saw this shampoo today and on LoI it says it has 1.5% CMIT:MIT as preservative. 

I was thinking this preservative is allowed at maximum 0.1%. so what would be the possible side effects of using shampoo with 1.5% CMIT:MIT? 

Or am i missing something about this preservative.

Comments

• PhilGeisPhilGeis Member, Professional formulator
    sensitization.
  • Garlic for strong hair?  :), I have never seen this claim before.
  • AbdullahAbdullah Member
    edited November 2021
    @Sylthis this claim is very popular in Asia. 
  • PhilGeis said:
    sensitization.
    Thanks
  • @Abdullah I believe they meant the mixture of MCI/MIT has a concentration of 1.5% (which is the usual amount of that mixture in commercial solutions). It's a bit odd to put it that way though, but local authorities can sometimes require a bit odd things.
  • PerryPerry Administrator, Professional Chemist
    Yeah, this isn't a properly written List of Ingredients. Water is obviously the most abundant material and should be listed first. I suspect someone who knows little about labeling rules put together the list from their formula. It's highly unlikely they would be using 1.5% of this preservative. Especially when 0.02% is usually enough.
  • ketchito said:
    @Abdullah I believe they meant the mixture of MCI/MIT has a concentration of 1.5% (which is the usual amount of that mixture in commercial solutions). It's a bit odd to put it that way though, but local authorities can sometimes require a bit odd things.
    Yeah. It may be so because this is a Big brand here and produces even there bottle and caps by themselves. 
  • Perry said:
    Yeah, this isn't a properly written List of Ingredients. Water is obviously the most abundant material and should be listed first. I suspect someone who knows little about labeling rules put together the list from their formula. It's highly unlikely they would be using 1.5% of this preservative. Especially when 0.02% is usually enough.
    Thanks
  • Does it smell like garlic?
  • zetein said:
    Does it smell like garlic?
    No ;)