Course Title: The Complete Cosmetic Chemist
Objective: This course is designed to introduce you to the fundamental principles of cosmetic formulation and provide practical information that will help you create your own formulas and excel in a career in cosmetic science.
Syllabus: The program will cover 12 common types of cosmetic formulation and will feature online lessons spread out over the course of 6 months. The lessons will each run approximately 80 minutes and be delivered every other week. Each lesson will cover the relevant cosmetic science, testing, and will feature an example formula. Example formulas will list specific chemical names. The lesson will also review the market for that particular formula type and the consumer information critical to know for developing innovative new products.
The lesson topics are as follows.
2. Skin lotion
3. Hair Conditioner
4. Body wash
5. Hair Gel
6. Lip stick
9. Lip balm
12. Pressed powder
At the end of each lesson will be a quiz which will help demonstrate your comprehension of the material.
When the program is complete, the student will be sent a Certificate of Completion.
Additional resources: In addition to the lessons, the online course will feature bonus resources including a cosmetic science forum, 4 live call-in sessions, a copy of the Beginning Cosmetic Chemistry book, and bonus audio & video material.
Who will benefit from taking this course?
While a background in science will make this course easier to understand, it is not a requirement for taking this course. This program is intended to be a starting point, introducing students to the fundamentals of cosmetic formulation. It is ideally suited for people starting out in the industry.
The program will also be beneficial to people who have spent their careers in cosmetic science but away from cosmetic formulation. This would include QA/QC chemists, Analytical chemists, and Regulatory scientists.
It will also be helpful for entrepreneurs who are interested in learning how to create their own line of cosmetic formulas.
How to Join
If you would like to join immediately, click on the link below.
Complete Cosmetic Chemist.
If you want more information, see the Beginning Cosmetic Chemistry course page.
Here’s a quick list of what you can expect.
- You’ll get all the knowledge required to excel in a career as a cosmetic formulator, scientist, or sales person delivered in 12 easy to understand lessons
- You’ll get lessons delivered in video, audio, and text so you can learn at your own pace and in the way that appeals most to you
- There will be a cosmetic science forum where you can get questions answered by experts in the field and other cosmetic chemists around the world.
- Copy of the Beginning Cosmetic Chemist book sent to you so you’ll be able to refer back to it whenever you need a refresher on some aspect of cosmetic science. ($180 value)
- There will be four conference calls where you’ll be able to get any questions you have answered directly.