Article by: Perry Romanowski
Here is our pilot episode of the Chemists Corner podcast. Please have a listen and let us know what you think.
Chemists Corner podcast is about cosmetic science and is broadcast to help educate, entertain, and inspire current and future cosmetic scientists. Each episode we’ll talk about news in the cosmetic industry, answer some of your questions, and discuss a topic in-depth, usually with an industry expert interview.
In this episode…
1. News – Two news stories were discussed.
- Launch of a new hand sanitizer. Does it meet FDA guidelines?
- Twin study on skin. What factors affect skin condition?
2. Listener question – How do you quickly evaluate new raw materials?
3. Interview – Kelly Dobos on becoming a cosmetic chemist
4. Weekly Challenge.
Imagine Usain Bolt, Kelly and Perry ran a 100 meter race, each keeping a steady rate of speed. If Usain beat Kelly by 10 meters and Kelly beat Perry by 10 meters, by how many meters did Usain beat Perry?
If you’ve got an answer to the challenge, have a question, or have any topics you’d like us to cover, leave a comment below.