Article by: Perry Romanowski
Welcome to Day 23 of the 30 Days to Become a Better Cosmetic Chemist series
This 30 day challenge is all about giving you lessons and basic exercises that will improve your abilities as a cosmetic chemist.
In this episode
In today’s program we cover a topic that will make you better educated about the cosmetic industry. You’ll learn about Non-Governmental Organizations and how they impact cosmetic formulators.
In this episode you’ll find:
- Who are the NGOs that affect the cosmetic industry
- Claims they make about cosmetic products
- Toxic chemicals, animal testing and other issues of NGOs
- What NGOs are trying to achieve
- How NGOs are impacting the cosmetic industry
- Why NGOs are more effective than scientists
- What formulators can do to combat the effect of NGOs
The challenge today will be for you to become familiar with one of the NGOs that we talked about and get an idea of the types of claims they make, how they generate money, and how it might affect your formulations.
After you complete today’s task go to the show notes page and leave a comment about what you found out. Also, if you are left with questions that you can’t answer please post those as it can start a valuable discussion.