Article by: Perry Romanowski
Welcome to Day 20 of the 30 Days to Become a Better Cosmetic Chemist series
This 30 day challenge is all about giving you lessons and basic exercises that will improve your abilities as a cosmetic chemist.
In this episode
In today’s program we’re going to talk about raw materials, ingredient lists, and what you can learn from them. We’ll be covering exactly how you can create a close approximation of any formula just by using their ingredient list.
In this episode you’ll find:
- Six step method for analyzing an ingredient list
- Where to find ingredient lists for products
- Figuring out which ingredients are important
- Finding the 1% line
- Guessing the level of ingredients in the formula
- Including important low-level secondary ingredients
- Making your new prototypes
Follow the 6 steps and see if you are able to create a reasonable duplicate.
Put your analysis in the comments below.