Article by: Perry Romanowski
Welcome to Day 14 of the 30 Days to Become a Better Cosmetic Chemist series
This 30 day challenge is all about giving you lessons and basic exercises that will improve your abilities as a cosmetic chemist.
In this episode
On today’s program we’re going to finish our segments on the main types of cosmetic raw materials by talking about claims ingredients.
In this episode you’ll find:
- What are claims ingredients and why they are added to formulas
- The effect of vitamins in cosmetics
- Why natural extracts are put into formulas
- Biotech ingredients and what they are supposed to do in cosmetics
- Plus…how to figure out if an ingredient actually works
Look through some ingredient lists and see if you can figure out which ingredients are the “claims” ingredients.