Article by: Perry Romanowski
Welcome to Day 13 of the 30 Days to Become a Better Cosmetic Chemist series
This 30 day challenge is all about giving you lessons and basic exercises that will improve your abilities as a cosmetic chemist.
In this episode
On today’s program we’re going to step back and talk about chemistry. Specifically, we’ll be going over some of the most important basic principles in chemistry that are applicable to the job of a cosmetic formulator. Most of the things you learn in college about chemistry are not relevant to your job as a formulator. But some of them are. Today, we’ll talk about those.
In this episode you’ll find:
- What are elements and why should a formulator care
- The various types of molecules
- Chemical bonds and reactions
- Phases of matter as they matter to chemists
- The science of solutions
- How pH affects your formulations