self foaming cleanser sediment

Hello guys,

I have a foaming cleanser that i am having problems with...

it starts out nice and clear, but after  a day or two, a white sediment starts forming at the bottom. (not solid,)

here is the formula

water qs
decyl gludoside 13%
sodium lauroyl sarcosinate 3%
Alcoholic extracts 7.05%
glycerine 2
Eucalyptus and lemon myrtle and tea tree oil blend  1.7%
honeysuckle extract (preservative) 0.3%

does any one know what this white sediment would be? or what it could be caused by? THe sediment is clogging up the self foaming packing and its causing it to not dispense product ... :(

Comments

• Remove the alcohol extracts and see what happens.
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • Chemist77Chemist77 Member, PCF student
    I would try removing the oil as well as a knock out and see while keeping the alcoholic extracts.
  • Could be mold?  I have a similar system that's very prone to growth, even when preserved with Optiphen plus. 
  • Bill_TogeBill_Toge Member, Professional Chemist
    what's the pH of this cleanser?

(I ask as glucosides contain a lot of insoluble matter at alkaline pH, which clears at neutral or acidic pH)
    UK based formulation chemist. Strongest subjects: hair styling, hair bleaches, hair dyes (oxidative and non-oxidative) I know some stuff about: EU regulations, emulsions (O/W and W/O), toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoos, other toiletries
  • @auroraBorealis hmm.. it doens't look like mould, and its not multiplying!

@bill_Toge the pH is around 5..
  • Bill_TogeBill_Toge Member, Professional Chemist
    in which case, it could be one of your surfactants crashing out due to the alcohol content
    UK based formulation chemist. Strongest subjects: hair styling, hair bleaches, hair dyes (oxidative and non-oxidative) I know some stuff about: EU regulations, emulsions (O/W and W/O), toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoos, other toiletries
  • @bill_toge ahh! whats the science behind that???