How to reduce viscosity of this detergent liquid?

My detergent formula contains sles, capb, aos all item nearly @ 10-20% I want to make very thin.  I have tried propylene glycol. I also found sodium toluene sulfonate can reduce viscosity, but not easily available. If there is any other substance which is easily available and does the job please comment.
Tagged:

Comments

• PerryPerry Administrator, Professional Chemist
    Depending where you are on the salt curve, NaCl could reduce viscosity. I'd imagine a silicone could too. 
  • FekherFekher Member, Professional Chemist
    edited January 7
    @RedPill a lot of options can be done so i think the easiest as @Perry said adding NaCl  but also adding AOS or by playing in pH you can do it . I think that  the best way is taking one kilograms of your product add gram by gram NaCl untill you reach the desired viscosity , then you will find the best level of NaCl  for you product , finally do correction to your batch refering to sample correction.
  • PharmaPharma Member, Pharmacist
    Ethanol or isopropanol might help...
  • Chemist77Chemist77 Member, PCF student
    Try introducing polysorbate 20 if it can fit the cost, or SCS/SXS if those are available.
  • Reduce CAPB to begin with.
  • bil7bil7 Member
    But Sodium chloride is not so safe above 2 3 percent making your hair dry rough work outs.
    So keep in mind while adjusting .
    Reduce cocbetaine and add citric acid minor and add benzyl alchol works better for dissolving fatty acid .drops viscosity also. Mostly used from 0.5 to 1 percent maximum safe side.