Lactic acid = bad scent, are all suppliers' lactic acid made equal or how can you mask it?

Working on a 10% lactic acid moisturizer, but it has an off scent, and off all the individual ingredients lactic acid is the one that smells the strongest.

1. Are there likely big differences between lactic acid suppliers? (There are different grades).
2. Any way to mask the scent without retorting to perfume?

Comments

• PharmaPharma Member, Pharmacist
    Concentrated lactic acid has a faint smell but easily covered. Never noticed anything once diluted (haven't the bes nose, though).
  • There is a large company that supplies purified lactic acid with no odour but I forget which one it was.
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • ZinkZink Member
    Very interesting Belassi, I've asked JUNGBUNZLAUER what grade they have has the least scent (they supply food grade, personal care grade en pharmaceutical grade).
  • Is that Corbion ?
  • Yes, that's right, I remember now. Corbion.
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • ZinkZink Member
    I will get in touch with them! Thanks.
  • I have the feeling that their MOQ was like, "Do you have a discharge bay for our tanker truck?"
  • ZinkZink Member
    Lol, hmm who's repackaging it then
  • AgateAgate Member
    I'm surprised that lactic acid smells bad, I never noticed the smell of mine, but then I never used it at 10% either. Smelling straight from the bottle it has a faint but pleasant scent, I might even call it fragrant. I bought it from aroma-zone.com, the site is in French but they ship world-wide for reasonable rates. I don't know if they'd supply larger volumes though, should you need them.