Natural Thickener for APG System

Hi,   I am working on a shampoo and 2-1 shampoo and need a natural or whole foods compliant thickening systems for an APG System: Coco-Glucoside, Decyl Glucoside, Coco Hydroxysultaine that have decent rheology.  I don't know if it's this combination of surfactants, but the viscosity crashes after adding the surfactants.  I have tried most gums  and in combination with Hydroxypropyl Guar and  Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride for conditioning (adding citric acid to activate).  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• MarkBroussardMarkBroussard Member, Professional Chemist
    About the only natural ingredient that is going to work with non-ionics is xanthan gum.  For a better skin sensorial, you might try Solagum:  Acacia Gum and Xanthan Gum (Seppic).
    Chemist/Microbiologist formulating in the Organic & Naturals arena under ECOCert/Natural Products Assn/Whole Foods/National Organic Program guidelines focused skincare & haircare products. 

See website for details www.desertinbloomcosmeticslab.com
  • Hi Mark,

That's a good thought; I will try.  have you ever tried Sola Tara (Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum) other companies have that one as well.  I appreciate your input. and will try and get back to you.  thanks. J
  • MarkBroussardMarkBroussard Member, Professional Chemist
    Yes, I am working on a project now that incorporates Sola Tara ... similar performance.
    Chemist/Microbiologist formulating in the Organic & Naturals arena under ECOCert/Natural Products Assn/Whole Foods/National Organic Program guidelines focused skincare & haircare products. 

See website for details www.desertinbloomcosmeticslab.com
  • MicroformulationMicroformulation Member, Professional Chemist

markfuller@microformulation.com Microformulation.com Microformulation Cosmetic Consulting provides Custom Formulations for both large Commercial accounts as well as smaller entrepreneurs. We can provide Naturally compliant Formulations under the NSF, NPA, Whole Foods and USDA Organic Certifications. BS.Pharm Albany College of Pharmacy, Union University.