How to keep body butter fluffy for long time

I am making body butter with Shea butter, coco butter, mango butter, coconut oil, olive oil, Vit.A. First small batch turned out nice but melted in two days when weather became hot (42 degrees C). Next batch I added Olive wax to substitute Beeswax ( I want to keep it Vegan). This batch turned out very nice and did not melt in hot weather. It stayed solid like a cream but lost it's light, fluffiness. I want to keep the fluffyness same as when it is made. I know the fluffyness is because of aeration during mixing. I want to sell this product therefore want to know how to preserve the fluffiness.

Comments

• BobzchemistBobzchemist Member, PCF student
    Try adding waxes
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."
  • chemicalmattchemicalmatt Member, Professional Chemist
    You may want to add a little foaming surfactant to create more fluff in the first place, though with no water in your formula you don't have many options. Any other lipophilic builder or foam stabilizer will put you outside the vegan world. Can you deal with modified hectorite clays?
  • MarkBroussardMarkBroussard Member, Professional Chemist
    There's a product named "Waxelene" that is made by expelling the butters through an extruder while blowing air into the solids in the extruder.  This is a patented process, but you might check out the patent to get some ideas.
    Chemist/Microbiologist formulating in the Organic & Naturals arena under ECOCert/Natural Products Assn/Whole Foods/National Organic Program guidelines focused skincare & haircare products. 

See website for details www.desertinbloomcosmeticslab.com
  • @chemicalmatt what will the hectorrite clays do?

• I know this is completely out of the envelope, but Mark's comment led me to imagine melting the combination, placing it in a vertical tower such as a split pipe, with an aquarium stone at the bottom, fed by a small air pump, then place this in a freezer. . . 
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.