Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating Skin Hydrogel Pad

Tagged: , ,

• Hydrogel Pad

Posted by scharaya on February 18, 2015 at 3:28 pm

Hi Everyone, 

I have new project to develop Hydrogel Pad using water soluble polymers with high percentage of water. I have not made this before and I have very little knowledge behind its procedure, so can anyone recommend the process? 
    My company is pretty new in this line so not much familiar with the equipment required to process this. General comments would be appreciable like type of blade, hot/cold process, raw materials(recommended) hot pour etc. Any help will be helpful. 
    Thank you  
    scharaya replied 9 years ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • belassi

February 18, 2015 at 5:43 pm
    Ingredients
    • Water
    • Glycerol
    • Cross-linked polymer (Sodium AMPS)
    - seems pretty simple. The main thing will be to pick a thickener that’s zero irritation.
  • scharaya

March 5, 2015 at 2:32 pm

Mr. Belassi, 

Thank you for your input. Do you have any recommendation for cross linker that I can use? And what percentage? 
    Thank you
  • bobzchemist

March 5, 2015 at 2:59 pm

Some of the CARBODILITE crosslinkers are non-toxic (GSI Exim America, Inc.) but I think you’d be better off buying the polymer already cross-linked.

• scharaya

March 13, 2015 at 3:42 pm

Thank you. Can you recommend any cross linked polymers/polymers which are compatible with sodium AMPS?  

• bobzchemist

March 13, 2015 at 4:07 pm

Sodium AMPS is a cross-linked polymer.

This discussion is veering dangerously close to the “information you should have to pay a consultant for” line. You need to either do your own research, or hire someone to do it for you. This is not a site where we give out enough free information that someone could start a business, nor is it a place where we will usually be very helpful to random strangers.
  • scharaya

March 13, 2015 at 8:52 pm

I apologize for asking too many questions. I should have stopped at the border of free information and paid consultancy. I am doing my own research and totally aware how this site could help me. 

Thank you again for your help.