Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating General Glyceryl Caprylate

• Glyceryl Caprylate

Posted by graillotion on January 1, 2021 at 3:46 am

For some reason…I can not find small quantities of this in the US.

Have I overlooked a source?

It seems readily available in Europe.  Can someone recommend a European supplier that ships to the US for a reasonable rate?  Since I live in Hawaii….typically the only reasonable rate is through the postal service.  All the DHL’s FedEx…etc….CRAZY expensive.

ozgirl replied 3 years, 1 month ago 6 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • jemolian

January 1, 2021 at 5:44 am

I bought mine from Alexmo from EU.

In the US, it seems the only have blends containing it like VegeCide or TRIstat ECO or Glycine-Benzoic Acid

• domicanica

January 16, 2021 at 4:16 pm

I’ve been searching for it too since formulatorsampleshop no longer carries it. I still can’t find a US supplier but naturallythinking in the UK sells it now. bayhousearomatics sells it as well but they have a minimum order amount of 50 pounds. I ‘m shipping to the US Virgin Islands so I feel your pain in regards to shipping but it seems like this is the best option. 

• pharma

January 16, 2021 at 6:41 pm
    SkinChakra has it in stock and might ship to the USA.
    All other EU vendors I checked out, either don’t sell it or don’t ship to the States… Notably, shipping costs can be (were they to offer it one day) over $ 100.
    Unfortunately (for you), I don’t have to place an order any time soon…
    Maybe you can find glyceryl caprate or glyceryl laurate? They’re not as effective and, especially GML, show some affinity for lamellar structures and ‘co-surfactancy’ in the range of fatty alcohols or the related glyceryl palmitate and stearate.
  • abdullah

February 21, 2021 at 10:10 am

How much is the quantity you need?

• ozgirl

February 22, 2021 at 9:51 pm

Trulux in Australia has it and ships internationally but I have no idea about shipping costs.