Need help for a shampoo and wipes formula

lililapommelililapomme Member
edited December 2014 in Formulating
Hello everybody, 

I need some help to formulate a shampoo and wipes formula.  I would like to create a "natural" non soap recipe for the shampoo using coco-glucoside as surfactant, cocoamidopropyl betaine as a co-surfactant, cellulose gum as a thickener and guar gum or xanthan gum as a foam booster. I would also add water, botanical extracts, natural oils, essential oils and a broad spectrum preservative. 

Can someone help me with the percentage ratio of each of my functional ingredients in a shampoo formula ? I know what ingredients I want to use but I'm unsure of the ideal percentage in order to create a stable formula. 

Thank you so much for all your help !

Comments

• Ah well. Begin experimenting!
    Cosmetic Brand Creation. Concept to name to IMPI search to logo and brand registration. In-house graphic design inc. Pantone specs. Cosmetic label and box design & graphics.
  • BobzchemistBobzchemist Member, PCF student
    @lililapomme,

What is your target audience/demographic, and how much of a budget do you have for consultants?
    Robert Zonis, Sr. Formulation Chemist, Beaumont Products "All opinions and comments expressed are my own, have no relation to Beaumont Products, are fully copyrighted, and may not be used without written permission."
  • ozgirlozgirl Member, PCF student
    Check out swiftcraftmonkey's blog for some great starting formulations and loads of information on formulating shampoos etc.

http://swiftcraftymonkey.blogspot.com.au/p/hair-care.html
  • MarkBroussardMarkBroussard Member, Professional Chemist
    Well, one problem you're going to have right off the bat is using Guar or Xanthan as "foam boosters"?
    Chemist/Microbiologist formulating in the Organic & Naturals arena under ECOCert/Natural Products Assn/Whole Foods/National Organic Program guidelines focused skincare & haircare products. 

Provides Formulation Development and Lab-Scale Contract Manufacturing Services.  See website for details www.desertinbloomcosmeticslab.com

• Hi Lililapomme,

you collect technical data sheets & information of all ingredients which is to be used & start using with average percentage of each ingredient after doing few trials you will understand which ingredient & how much would appropriate for your formulation.
  • Thank you everybody 

• Chemist77Chemist77 Member, PCF student
    @Lililapomme I suggest you check ulprospector.com, thats the place you can get much information compared to our specific inputs.