Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating Skin How to permanently liquify Shea butter

• How to permanently liquify Shea butter

Posted by Beryl01 on July 3, 2020 at 3:18 pm

Hi everyone, 
    How do I permanently melt Shea butter to its liquid form, without it becoming solid or semi solid when left in a jar?

dr-catherine-pratt replied 3 years, 8 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • markbroussard

July 3, 2020 at 4:18 pm

@Beryl01

Shea Nut Oil is available from Jedwards Intl and other suppliers.

• klangridge

July 8, 2020 at 2:56 pm

Beryl01 said:

Hi everyone, 
    How do I permanently melt Shea butter to its liquid form, without it becoming solid or semi solid when left in a jar?

Because of its nature it will solidify as it cools - without diluting it with something it’s soluble in (not sure on anything myself) you won’t be able to change its melting point. 

However if you’re just looking to source some which is already liquid AAK have Lipex LiquidShea TR, which is an extract of some of the liquid components. However depending on how you’re intending to use it they may not supply it to you in small enough quantities.

• dr-catherine-pratt

July 8, 2020 at 4:15 pm

You can mix the shea butter with jojoba oil. Melt the butter first and put in the jojoba, keep it on the heat for about 20min and it should stay as a liquid. You may have to play with oils other than jojoba, just experiment. Good luck.