• Posted by kelseaventures on March 20, 2019 at 6:37 am

Hey Guys! 

I’m new to the chemists corner, but I’m in the process of starting a cosmetics company and I’ve found this site to be SOOO useful in finding information about formulas. My sisters and I are bloggers and already have an audience so our goal is to make just one really great product at home ourselves and market it to show that we have the ability to sell a product.. then we plan to approach some larger manufacturing companies. 

I am however stumped on where to get custom packaging created.  We have hired a cosmetic chemist to create our formula and have bought equipment and set up a small local lab to press eyeshadows. However, we have had absolutely zero luck so far finding a packaging company that just makes empty cardboard eye shadow palettes in the US.  We’ve found a couple in China, and while I’m sure that’s the cheapest place to source long-term, for now we’d prefer to stick to US manufacturers. They have to exist.  Anyone have any suggestions of places to go to for cardboard eyeshadow palettes? 

kelseaventures replied 5 years ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • belassi

March 20, 2019 at 4:33 pm

What’s your brand name?

• kelseaventures

March 20, 2019 at 8:17 pm

… Yellow Crystal Cosmetics. Why?

• belassi

March 20, 2019 at 8:50 pm

Because that’s what you need before you do anything else. 
    You’ve registered it? (I can’t find it on the database).
    I see so many people here who want to start a line and do it back to front. I made the same error and lost my first brand name to a competitor.

• kelseaventures

March 21, 2019 at 5:14 am

Everything has been submitted to our lawyers who are working on company structure (C-corp) and everything there should be done by the end of the week including trademark registration. We already have local DBAs, sales permits etc. 

• belassi

March 21, 2019 at 6:15 am

Excellent, you sound very organised.

• oldperry

March 21, 2019 at 12:36 pm

Sorry, I do not know of a packaging company as you’re describing. You might try some of these…

https://www.happi.com/buyersguide/packaging-equipment/

• kelseaventures

March 21, 2019 at 3:05 pm

Thank you Belassi and Perry! 

I’ll check out the company and see if they can help. :)