Liquid Hand Wash

Hi,
Hope the chemist corner family is safe and doing well.

I writing to get a possible solution of problem which I am facing in formulating Liquid Hand Wash.

The problem is when I wash my hands the foam doesn't get over or you can say the soap still remains, even after rinsing my hand for 4-5 times in running tap water. The ingredients which I am using for 1 Litre Formulation are:

SLES  (28%)                      185 grams
CAPB ( Coco Betaine).    10 grams
Salt ( For Thickness)       35 grams
Glycrine.                               2 grams 
EDTA.                                    1 grams
Methylparaben                   0.17 grams
Perfume.                              2 ml
Colour.                                  1 ml
Water.                                   763.8

Comments

• FekherFekher Member, Professional Chemist
    @yash42440 actually your formulation seems acceptable may I guess that the problem is from the quality of your ingredients.
  • yash42440yash42440 Member
    Ok...@Fekher thanks for you inputs.
  • 1Armand21Armand2 Member
    please explain about the quality of ingredients. 
    Thanks!
  • I had that same problem before. The culprit in my opinion is the coco betaine. I added CDEA and a little bit of Coco Betaine (around 1% to 2%) in my formulation. Everything went well so far. 
  • I had that same problem before. The culprit in my opinion is the coco betaine. I added CDEA and a little bit of Coco Betaine (around 1% to 2%) in my formulation. Everything went well so far. 
    Thanks for reply..I am also adding CAPB 1%. So what you suggest. Should I remove capb completely from the formulation ?
  • @yash42440, don't remove the CAPB, because it makes your product more foamy. You could lower it to 1% then add 1% to 2% CDEA. If this does not address the issue of soapiness even after rinsing a couple of times, try removing the glycerine. 
    Still, if it doesn't solve the problem, try this formula
    94g LABSA
    26g CDEA
    862mL Water
    1g EDTA
    1g Methyl Paraben
    1g Perfume/Scent
    2g Salt
    12.5g NaOH
    0.5mL colorant
    (Total yield of 1Liter)