Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating AminoSensyl SC lotion emulsifier from Inolex….

• AminoSensyl SC lotion emulsifier from Inolex….

Posted by graillotion on April 7, 2020 at 2:14 am

Got a sample of Emulsense from Inolex the other day, and love the feel….but could not stand the smell…which seemed to get stronger once it was included into a lotion formula.  When I contacted the company, they recommended an ‘improved’, next generation product called: AminoSensyl SC.

1) anyone used this, and have any thoughts about it?

2) I liked some of the cationic features of Emulsense…. In general terms (regarding lotions)… what are the benefits or drawbacks of a Cationic emulsifier?

abdullah replied 11 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • SAMOrganics

April 10, 2020 at 5:28 am

1) anyone used this, and have any thoughts about it?

yes, I´ve got a sample and tested it: Aminosensyl doesn´t smell like Emulsense. I really love this emulsifier, easy to handle, great skin feeling.
    BUT: I don´t like the haptics, because the emulsion breaks too quickly, releases lots of water, and then it “slides” over the skin on a water film. I tried many formulations, combining various co-emulsifiers, with and without gel formers, adding Aminosensyl to the oil- or waterphase… always the same. Same problem with Emulsense.
    Maybe anyone of you knows how to solve that? Would be great, thanks!

• graillotion

April 10, 2020 at 5:55 am

BUT: I don´t like the haptics, because the emulsion breaks too quickly, releases lots of water, and then it “slides” over the skin on a water film. I tried many formulations

You are saying….when applied to the skin, it feels as though the emulsion is breaking?  You are not saying….the emulsion is causing a problem…while still in the bottle?  I had not noticed that with the Emulsense sample I had created….a watery feeling after application (If I understand what you are saying.)

• SAMOrganics

April 10, 2020 at 7:02 am

the Aminosensyl Emulsion has a great texture, no problems in the bottle.
    I like watery feelings after application :-)  but during application the water is released at once and that causes a feeling like the oil is slipping on a water film; once the water has evaporated, there is a stopping feeling like rubbing the fingers over a rubber ball. I don´t know how to describe it better ;-) 

• graillotion

April 12, 2020 at 6:09 am

I like watery feelings after application :-)  but during application the water is released at once and that causes a feeling like the oil is slipping on a water film; once the water has evaporated, there is a stopping feeling like rubbing the fingers over a rubber ball. I don´t know how to describe it better ;-) 

Did you get the same sensation…when you tried the Emulsense?  Since that is the only sample product I have on hand… I wanted to see if I could experience what you were describing. 

• Dreamer77

April 29, 2023 at 2:48 pm

I have been working with that emulsifier for quite some time and I understand what you’re describing. The best solution I have found so far is to combine it with polyquaternium to provide better slide and final skin feel. Also, best thickener to combine it with I find that is cetyl alcohol.

• abdullah

April 30, 2023 at 7:14 pm

Do you mean pq10 or 7?