Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating Assist for glow effect

• Assist for glow effect

Posted by itay on February 3, 2020 at 9:17 am

Hi,

To a formula based on water and Glycolic acid, I would like to add ingredients for glow effect on the skin.

What would you suggest?
    Also, we need the same effect for oil in water based-formula

Thanks

Sponge replied 3 years, 7 months ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • EVchem

February 5, 2020 at 11:57 am

That formula is entirely oil which will give a nice dewy glow if formulated right, otherwise you just get greasy/shiny.  There are a couple specialty silicones that are meant to provide shine. You could take a look at hair care actives that claim to increase shine and start there

• Anonymous

April 17, 2020 at 12:02 pm

To get a good glow on my skin I use the Facial Tonic Mist Rosewater Hasayan by Forest Essentials and it feels so cold and nice during the summer months. I love using this on a daily.
    After using my regular face wash, I spray this on my face AM and PM and it makes my skin feel so soft and glowing.
    By far my favourite from Forest Essentials India.

• Sponge

April 18, 2020 at 7:00 am

It’s unclear what you mean by “glow effect”. Pearls? Oils? Polyols?

Also, are you saying you need the look of oil without using oil, or can you use oil, emulsified in water?

• itay

August 12, 2020 at 1:30 pm

Sponge said:

It’s unclear what you mean by “glow effect”. Pearls? Oils? Polyols?

Also, are you saying you need the look of oil without using oil, or can you use oil, emulsified in water?

Dear Sponge,
    Glow effect = after applying the product on the skin you get glowing skin like radiance skin.
    I am looking for a formula oil in water AND another formula without oil that will give the effect of glow-radiance skin.

What are the components to help me to get that effect? 

Thanks in advance

Itay

• emma1985

August 12, 2020 at 2:35 pm

I find Propanediol (a water soluble humectant) quite glowy. Amongst oils, Shea Butter and Squalane, but honestly most oils will give you that glowy look.

Also high concentrations of Hyaluronic Acid and acrylates.

• ngarayeva001

August 12, 2020 at 8:51 pm

Check the refractive index of esters and select the highest one.