Home Cosmetic Science Talk Formulating Skin Opinions on Beeswax+ Acne prone skin

• Opinions on Beeswax+ Acne prone skin

Posted by heyheymonster on November 18, 2014 at 4:36 pm
    I picked up some samples the other day, ingredients:
    -Olive oil
    -Beeswax
    -Honey
    -Propolis Extract 
    -Bee Pollen
    -Royal Jelly
    The product is like a balm, but “melts” to the touch.
    Its been snowing here and in the 1 degrees lately I picked the product up to use on my lips and eye area for protection,
    Long story short, I wanted to experiment and use it on my whole general facial area,
    I’m very acne prone and was expecting to break out, especially with the olive oil but I had to just see (thats what I do).
    But surprisingly to me, its been 3 days total and I have cleared up and so have my scares improved.
    I cant find anything on beeswax in my cosmetics dictionary I have with me,
    And am wondering why I am becoming clearer with the use of something with olive oil in it too?
    So since its been driving me bonkers I thought I’d ask anyone here what they are thinking…
    The only thing I can come up with is that its creating a protective barrier on my skin that was previously damaged and 2nd degree burned years ago? And with the barrier it might be keeping bacteria out? I really cant tell right now.
    I was hoping to draw a conclusion on why this specific product has cleared me and how the ingredients are interacting with my acne prone skin type?
    And please let me know if these personal questions,like this one, are appropriate to ask on this forum.
    -Thank you
    otherhalf replied 9 years, 3 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies